Skip to main content

HORROR BUT FUNNY STORY

LORA'S GHOST

     Lorain had never heard her twin sister scream that loud before 'oh no, could it be a burglar ' she panicked as she ran to her sister's room with an umbrella in hand ready to strike whoever the intruder was. she opened the door with a war cry and the umbrella over her head but to her astonishment no one other than her sister was in the room, she checked around the room but found no one,she checked the window but it was properly shut. She look at her sister who was hyperventilating as if she just finished running 100 laps.
"Lora are you ok?".
 She walked across the room and sat next to her sister on the bed,as she placed her right hand on her shoulder.
"Was it a nightmare?" Lora just shook her head to indicate a 'no'.
" It was worse than that, I...I think ...I think I can see ghosts"Lora shuttered
"What do you mean by you can see ghosts Lora?". This question was met with a thick silence"Lora please say something you're scaring me right now" Lora turned to her sister for the first time since she entered the room.
"I mean exactly what i said, I just saw a ghost".


     The next morning they sat in front of the TV, but were not really watching the woman reading the morning news, rather each to her own thought about last night.
"I've seen her twice before last night, I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me" Lora said as she introduced the topic.
"Wow... this is just... wow, it seems like something out of a horror book "Lorain said not knowing how to express herself  "so are you some kind of a witch or what?" Lora turned to look at her sister with wide eyes
"I am so not a witch Lorain,I guess am sort of a seer?"
"yup I think that's the word but what do you think she wants from you?"
"I don't know Lorain, I don't even know her, I can bet...whatever... that is worth betting with that I have never met this girl before,am scared Lorain". Lora explained with fear written across her features which didn't go unnoticed by her twin.
"Its ok Lora there is no cause for alarm...yet, mhhm, why don't you try to ask her what it is she wants from you,then maybe we can form a plan from there on how to go about this whole thing".
"Are you listening to yourself right now, I should try talking to a ghost?, she is so pale and drop dead scary with water dripping from her uniform"
"Hey come on, we are left with no other option here, this is the only one we've got and...wait did you just say uniform?" Lorain asked
"Yes she was wearing a school uniform, my guess is,she was still in high school when she died"
"Or she died while wearing a high school uniform, you know for a role play or something. Did you recognise the uniform?
Lora gave her sister the 'are you serious' look."Lorain this is more like our 3rd week in college in this town and checking out high school uniforms have not being my thing thank you" Lorain just rolled her eyes and they fell back to silence as they watched the images on the screen.
"You know you should try" Lora gave her sister a puzzled look. "I mean try talking to her" Lorain said.
"Fine I will try" Lora said as she turned back to the screen mumbling something incoherent.
"Or are you scared of a teen ghost?" Lorain asked teasingly.
"Ha ha ha that's so funny that am literally rolling on the floor, you are only saying that because your not the one seeing her"
"Oh please if I were the one I'll face her head on" Lorain smirked
"Good, you've made your point can we just drop this topic now so I can work on the courage to ask her when next she..." Lora stopped suddenly as she stood up from the sofa, Lorain imitating the action.
Lorain was about to ask her sister if she was ok but the look on her face told her the obvious.
"Is she here?" Lorain asked looking around the house.
Lora pointed to the kitchen entrance that was opposite the living room and the front door with her eyes wide with fear as she starts hyperventilating. She took slow but steady steps backwards, as Lorain imitated her moves.
"Lora?" Lorain whispered "what is happening"
"Run!!" Lora shouted as they both ran out of the house screaming at the top of their voices.



      "We didn't had to run you know"
"What? I thought she was going to strangle me or something" Lora said as they sat on a bench under a tree in the park.
"But you didn't look like someone who was about to get strangled, you looked like someone who was avoiding the only plan we had" Lorain said getting angrier with each word.
"What should I had done haa?, stand there and watch her squeeze the living daylight out of me and maybe you?"
"And how sure are you about that, what if she wanted to show you something important"
"Yeah because  stretching out both hands towards the other persons neck looking so deadly and mean is something of great importance". Lorain sighed and took few deep breaths to calm herself down.
"Look Lora I know you are scared but running wouldn't solve anything right now..."
"Wait" Lora said cutting her sister off "That is the uniform".She said as she pointed to a teenage girl walking across the road.
"Come on then lets go" Lorain said as she made her way towards the girl.
"Go...go where, Lorain wait i don't think this is a good idea"
"What other choices do we have. I just want to ask her some questions that's all"
"But..."
"Hey!!" Lorain called out to the girl who stopped to wait for them to get to her.
"Hi am Lorain and this is my sister Lora" She introduced as she motioned towards her sister "We are new in town and we are in the college. We have a project for our Photography Class to hmm take some pictures of your school and you know,know more about it and other stuff"
All the while Lorain was talking Lora was bouncing on her feet,a nervous reaction she can't get rid of.
"Oh too bad, I kind of, you know, skipped class so I can't take you back to school and the road is kind of tricky, you guys might get lost" the girl said
"That is a good idea, getting lost in a new town is not my thing so its settled then, Lorain lets go"
"But if you want I can show some brochures just that they are at home"
"Excellent idea" Lorain exclaimed
"No no no bad idea very bad idea, what if she is a serial killer" Lora whispered the last part with a nervous expression
"Way to go Lora" Lorain deadpanned
"We would love to see those brochures and thank you so much..."She said waiting for a name
"Sorry, am Monica, and it will be my pleasure, my house is just at the next turn"
"Oh that's wonderful"
"Wait Lorain, Monica can you give us a sec, thank you"Lora said as she pull her sister to the side.
"What is it Lora, why the sudden nervousness"
"Ok, I can't take this any further, I...I..you know, I lied"
"About what exactly" Lorain asked getting confused
"About everything, I did not see any ghost last night nor have I ever seen one before, am sorry" Lora confessed.
"Wait, so you're telling me that last night was a joke,a lie?"
"Am sorry Lorain, I made a bet with my friends"
"About what exactly, acting like you saw a ghost?"
"No but who can act better so we decided to come up with our own reality show" Lora explain sheepishly.
"So out of all there is to choose, you decided  that screaming at  ungodly hours and running like a lunatic in our pjs in daylight would make an excellent reality show for you?
Lorain said as she narrowed her eyes at her sister
"That's kind of what happened,am so sorry,if you want I would delete the recordings from my phone"
"What? you even recorded what happened, you know what, I hate you ahhhh" Lorain gave a restrained scream.
"Is every thing ok? " Monica asked looking from one sister to the other
"Monica something just came up do you mind if we do this next time, you usually take this road right?" Monica nodded her affirmation."Great, I'll see you around then and thank you" Lorain said in a way of dismissing the teenager.
"Ok, you two have a great day ahead" Monica said as she left the two sisters
"Lorain, am sorry" Lora apologised again as they head back home
"Don't talk to me right now"
"Come on Lorain am sorry and you know what, I love you too"
Lorain just rolled her eyes " I love you too, and for the record,you suck at acting" she smiled
"Oh really"She asked stressing the words." But you took my words for it and couldn't dictate that I was faking it all along" she said as she entwined their hands together
"That's because I didn't want to hurt your ego"
"So you're indirectly saying that am egocentric?"
"Exactly"
"But you love me anyway"
"of cause I do"



      " LORAAAA !!!"
"Why can't she just let me sleep in for once" Lora mumbled as she made her way to the living room
"LORAAA!!!"
"Hold your horses woman am coming goddamn it" She got to the living room but found no one
"Lorain where you exactly and what is the problem" but there was no reply
"Lorain?" she called but the house was eerily silent
"Lorain is this payback for what I did?" still no answer
She went back to her room, picked up her phone and dialed her sister's line, after two rings she answered
"Lorain if this is a joke please stop it"
"What are you talking about Lora,are you ok?" Lorain asked sounding confused
"Where are you?"
"Am out for my morning jog, I decided its best to allow you sleep in today are you..."Lorain stopped as the voice echoed though the house again.
"LORAAA!!!"
"OH SHIT, AM DEAD".





                                                                THE END





Hope you enjoyed it, don't forget to subscribe for more.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MARYAM SANDA: WOMAN SENTENCED TO DEATH BY HANGING

  This is just not right, please if you know your marriage is toxic, please find a way out of it before it takes your life, please. The High Court in Maitama has sentenced Maryam Sanda, a mother of two, to death by hanging for killing her husband Bilyaminu Bello in their Abuja home on November 19th, 2017. Justice Yusuf Haliru, sentenced her to death by hanging on Monday, after she was found guilty. She kept pleading not guilty, claiming that she didn't kill her husband, that he fell on broken bottles during the fight they had over the female nude picture she saw in his phone, but evidence gathered was that Bilyaminu Bello was stabbed with the intention to kill. She tried to escape through the exit door near the dock but was held by security agents. The convict who was wailing uncontrollably was being held by Officials of the Nigerian Correctional Service who were waiting for the judge to endorse her remand warrant before they took her to prison .                 
Actress Bimbo Afolayan places generational curses on all those that labelled her 'poor' and advised her to get a better house for her mum. According to her, her mum was beaten up by the Chairman of the Landlord Association in the area for refusing to pay bill on her house since they were not carrying out their responsibilities. She cried out for justice to be served. Some men are just so irresponsible and heartless to lay hands on a woman talk more of a woman with a grandchild. Some people seriously need to learn more about respect.